Voters of MSAD 46

A citizen voice for reform in Maine School Administrative District #46 (Dexter, Exeter,Garland, and Ripley).
A collaboration of Art Jette, Mel Johnson, and the interested public since 1951.
Our statement of principles: Where We Stand

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Is Communication the Key to Understanding?

It's safe to characterize me as "old school", although I am comfortable using e-pay and use other Internet services. In many areas of my life though, I prefer a more traditional personal approach, particularly when dealing with people. Even in this area I am gradually relying more on email and other electronic means of communication.

I was thinking the other day as I checked out the new District webpage www.newschoolproject.info/ how much more interesting it would be if it were interactive. Instead of a one dimensional factsheet, how cool would it be if you could ask questions and get answers, allowing others to comment as the conversation deepened? It would be like an ongoing conversation among friends and neighbors, able and confident to express their opinions and gain understanding.

Isn't this the essence of communication?

Considering my elementary understanding of the Internet, it is still possible for me to participate in the creation and operation of this votersofmsad46.blogspot.com site. Given the resources that the District possesses it should be no challenge to create a "newschoolproject. blogspot.com" that would give the citizens the opportunity to really participate in a 21st century way as the subject of a new school worthy of this new age is being considered.

Do we have the courage?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just ask?

9/08/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless you are the Superintendent, how do YOU know whether or not I have asked?
You flatter me with the impression that somehow my opinion would be that readily adopted.
I only hope that there are more mature decision makers involved in the Board's business.

9/08/2006 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home